Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 2 of 30

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs
Lunch: Salad with turkey
Dinner: Hamburger with mustard, salad, an avocado
Snack: plum

We took the kids to the boardwalk tonight. We usually go on the last day of school to avoid the summer tourist crowd. It rained the last day of school so we pushed it off to today. The girls had a great time. The 4 year old was so cute laughing and waving and yelling "hi" every time whatever ride she was on came around. Thankfully the 21 year old likes rides so she takes the 9 year old on all those rides that make me want to puke. Ken used to take ride duty but since the surgery that's not possible any more. (Brief detour: last year the 21 year old was away, Ken hadn't had surgery yet so he  did most of the rides. He asked me to take her on one. I didn't fit. Total fucking embarrassment.)

Then we got soft serve cones. Rather, the girls got soft serve cones. I didn't even "help" the 4 year old with the dripping down the side. Victory!

When we got back I grilled up a couple of burgers for Ken & I. Thankfully we are a plain beef, no stuff added, burger kind of people so I didn't have to worry about them being ok for the Whole 30. What I did have to stop myself from doing was putting ketchup (and cheese) on it.  It is interesting to see how many things have sugar and chemicals added to them. Being mindful is the name of the game.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how much crap is on our food? One day I stared at sausage packages for over an hour looking for one that did not have added sugar in it. The Whole30 is awesome for becoming more mindful & aware of what is in your food.

    And good for you for not helping your daughter with the ice cream cone. Random BLT's of food (bite, lick, tastes) are some of the hardest habits to give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you all had such a great time at the boardwalk, and you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete