Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Whole 30

Hi guys. Tax season is over and I can breath a little. I've never been a prolific poster on this blog and have been feeling it even less lately. After three years of term papers I find I don't much feel like writing.

My weight has been holding at 273. Too much dairy and bread and not enough vegetables and diligence. On May 1 I will be joining Norma and her minions in a Whole 30. Like a typical fat girl I am putting a condition on it- I am going to continue to use the About Time protein powder in the morning.

I did a Whole 30 in June/July 2012. I felt great and lost 15 pounds. I would like to lose 20 this time around.

**ETA**
Ah shit. Was just reading over the Whole 30 site and saw that protein shakes are a no no. I thought it would just be the stevia that was non-compliant. I started using the About Time a month ago and love it as a nice, easy, protein filled breakfast. I am not a morning person and having to think about what to have in the morning is usually beyond my abilities. Crap, guess I'll go back to hard boiled eggs.

9 comments:

  1. Awesome, Beth. You always kill the Whole30 challenges. I just commented on Norma & Jeanettes blog that I'm going to do the May Whole30 with you guys. I could tighten up a few things myself.

    Getting rid of a protein shake is a pain in the ass, but it can be done. Since I can't eat eggs anymore & I also hate thinking about breakfast, often times I just am sure to save some dinner for breakfast. TOok a little while to get used to non-conventional breakfast ideas, but it's fine now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are doing it too!! I like the idea of dinner leftovers for breakfast, that will make things easier.

      Delete
    2. You can do the slices of leftover meat wrapped in a lettuce leaf for something quick. Or boiled eggs and a microwaved sweet potato.

      Delete
    3. I detest sweet potatoes. Everyone in my family likes them but I can just not abide the damn things!

      Delete
  2. Have I told you lately that I love you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but you did surprise me with a quickie ;)

      Delete
  3. I had to give up protein shakes for the Whole Life Challenge. It took quite a bit of time to get used to finding ways to eat more protein (I'm still working on it). Prepping in advance is key! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make those egg muffins I told you about!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beth! Glad you're coming along with the rest of us minions. I love my oats for breakfast but I have to behave like the big girl that I am and get over it...cooked up a fritatta/quiche type thing in a pie dish with a bunch of veggies chopped up and mixed with four whole eggs...YUM!

    ReplyDelete