Friday, November 30, 2012

The Bright Side

Last week: 274
This week: 272
Lost: 2 lbs.
Total loss: 45 lbs.

It occurred to me that I've posted a lot of negative, dramatic stuff. I don't want you guys to think we live this life of doom and gloom. Far from it. Now, to be honest, I have always been a glass half empty kind of girl. I try hard not to be but I am a worrier by nature and it's hard to knock that shit off.

Despite all of the sucky things that have happened over the last four or five years, life is good.

My husband is alive and kicking.

My kids are healthy (other than the cp thing), happy, smart, funny, awesome people.

We laugh a lot. Sometimes we laugh at something and it upsets someone in a "How can you laugh about that?" kind of way. Oh honey, we laugh because it's so much better than crying. I would rather piss myself laughing than have crysnot on my face.

I have a couple of unbelievably good friends in real life.

I've connected with an awesome tribe in computer life.

I will be finishing college with no mother fucking student debt!

Our savings have been completely demolished but our bills are getting paid.

When an unexpected expense crops up (tv frying, losing a fridge of food, losing time at work because of the storm) an unexpected solution appears (someone sent us an anonymous cashier's check for $200 and another anonymous someone sent us a grocery gift card, anonymous because they know we wouldn't have taken it. See what I mean about unbelievably good friends?)

Sometimes I post the crappy stuff just to help get it out of my system. My husband has enough on his plate without having to deal with my angst. I just wanted you to know some of the good stuff. My life is good. Has it gone the way I wanted? No but I'm a tough, adaptable chick and I'll make this life my bitch.



3 comments:

  1. Beth, this post is exactly why I love ya so much!!

    I don't think you come off doomy & gloomy at all! No matter what you are writing about, your sense of humor & love for your family shines right through. Fact is - you got a lot of shit on your plate. More than most. That entitles you to use your blog as a place to come & vent about stuff when you see fit.

    From one half empty gal to another - I think you rule...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss! A blog is a perfect place to share, vent, and celebrate. After all, it's your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the loss and I whole heartily agree with Jenn and Diane:)

    ReplyDelete