Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I'm Here-ish

Another two weeks gone by. When the ability to construct coherent sentences is lost, bullet points to the rescue!
  • Last weekend I had massive sinus headache. I attributed it to the change in weather and tried to tough it out.
  • This weekend it got worse.
  • Monday to the doctor.
  • Sinus infection, double ear infection, and streaky red throat.
  • I thought I was getting some energy back and was starting to kick mono to the curb and then got the head crud.
  • The nine year old brought home the dreaded "There is a case of lice in your child's class" letter. They were all checked and will be checked again in two weeks. Oh Lord please do not let us get lice!!
  • Ken is doing ok. He sounds phlegmy but says it is nasal. I have to remember I'm not his mother and let it go. Next CAT Scan is mid-November.
  • I'm pretty much bringing up the rear is Allan's challenge. I've been averaging one pound a week.
  • Yeah, not setting the world on fire here.
  • Down to 255.
  • The challenge is 1200 calories, I've been more like 1400.
  • I have been more sedentary than usual with the whole not feeling good thing.
  • I think the stress is effecting my weight loss.
  • Now, that isn't me making a big excuse- there have been no paleo free range pumpkin muffin lattes here. I think it is a small factor. Small.
  • Lisa inspired me to bust out my giant hula hoop again. Prior to the head crud, the girls & I were having fun with it.
  • I still can't keep the damn thing up.
  • My nine year old spins this giant hoop like a pro! It's so funny to see this little stick kid with this huge hoop.
  • The four year old has mastered the kid hoop.
  • Mama is the only hoop challenged female in the house.
  • To all my bitchez out there dealing with some serious shit lately- I'm hoping you will each find peace in your circumstances. You are strong and can handle this situation. Love you all.

18 comments:

  1. My kids are both great at hula hoop and I am a complete failure! Ick about the infection, yay on the loss especially in the face of much stress, hope all turns out well w/Ken...drink tea, take your vitamins, sweat it out when you can & get sleep when you can! :) Always good to see you. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Norma. Always appreciate your support.

      Delete
  2. That's awesome that you've been hooping! Just keep at it.. you'll get it eventually. and make sure you put on good music.. it makes all the difference :o) Just remember... go left to right.. not in a circle. Hope you never have to deal with lice.. my daughter had it when she was little and it was horrendous. Looking back, I should have just shaved her head. :oD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am freakin terrified we are going to get them! Ughh, heebie jeebies!!

      Delete
  3. I, too, picked up the hula hoop the other day only to have it keep falling pitifully to the ground. I got that shit around my neck though, I'm a neck master. ;) Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably strangle myself if I tried that!

      Delete
  4. I wish you all lived closer... I'd have a class :o) I'm actually thinking about going around to some of the gyms in my town and see how they feel about classes... or just letting me show up and do my crazy hooping for an hour :oD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love if someone did a class around here. I feel like there's just one thing I need to "get" and I'll be hooping like a pro!

      Delete
    2. It just takes practice. But yes, it seems that there was a moment when I finally made that hoop my bitch. It was also the same time that I quit hitting myself in the head with my hoop so much :0)

      Delete
  5. I love to read your blog, probably most of all. I think if we knew each other in real life, we'd be friends fo sho. Even when you're just bulleting updates, I always find something to laugh at. Glad to hear all is well... H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Broad! (You know you are totally Broad & Schmuckey in my mind now.) I know we would get in some seriously fun shit if we weren't nearly a continent away!

      Delete
    2. I agree. Maybe it's best we do live far away. :)

      Delete
  6. I cannot hula hoop to save my life!!

    I'm always glad to see a post from you, bulleted or otherwise. I'll be praying to the Anti-Lice God that your house stays lice free. I'm sure you need a household of lice like you need a hole in your head.

    Taking it up the rear is better than not taking it at all...keep going. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better soon and sending NO LICE vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tea tree oil shampoo keeps the lice away! I hear the hula hoop is the way to a flat toned stomach. Imma gonna get me one of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh - It's great for the tummy... but it will tone up oh so much more than that once you get the hang of it. Neck to calves.. seriously!

      Delete
  9. What a week! I hope you are all feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete