Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ending and Beginning

The Ending:

The Allan Challenge ended Friday. I had hoped to hit the 50 pound loss mark. I started the week 48 pounds down, on Thursday I was 49.5 down and figured I'd hit 50 on Friday. Yeah. No. Friday I was back to 48 down and have stayed that way through today (Sunday).

Here's the numbers:

Weight: 317 to 269 -  48 pound loss, 15.15% loss
Waist: 52.5 inches to 47 - 5.5 less
Hips: 55.5 inches to 52 - 3.5 less
Chest: 48 inches to 45 - 3 less
Right thigh: 32.5 inches to 29.5 - 3 less
Left thigh:32 inches to 29 - 3 less
Right arm: 19.5 inches to 16.5 - 3 less
Left arm: 18.5 inches to 15.5 - 3 less

Still obese but heading in the right direction. Which brings me to...


The Beginning:

Tomorrow I am starting the Whole 30. I am curious to see what happens. I've lost an average of three pounds a week for the last sixteen weeks. I'm still pretty fat so three pound/week over the next thirty days is totally possible. I am going to continue with the minimal exercise I do so I can compare with the last few weeks. I know, any excuse to avoid exercise. That will be my next "quit yer bitchin" challenge.

I hit the stores and am all stocked on salad greens, vegetables, fruit, and eggs. Also got a good deal on a couple pounds of shrimp and manager's special on some no additive, organic chicken sausage.  I don't have to worry about beef or chicken breast as we buy them in bulk. Last month we picked up a hindquarter of beef and forty pounds of chicken breasts. At the end of July/ beginning of August we'll pick up a 4H pig and split it with my brother's family. You'll never eat nasty ass store bacon once you've had this no crap added, smoked bacon.

I am undecided on whether or not I'll keep chewing gum. I'll see how tomorrow goes and then decide. Hope you all had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your achievement! 48 lbs is amazing :) I am looking forward to following your Whole 30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did friggin' AWESOME on the challenge & I'm so proud of you for stepping it up and giving the Whole 30 a go.

    ReplyDelete